What identifies an Attendee as Waitlisted?
When looking at the Event Dashboard, under the Completed Registrations By Attendee Type section, you will see a Pending column, specific to each Attendee Type. All Waitlisted Registrations will be placed in the Pending column.
To ensure that the Waitlisted Registrations will fall here, make sure that on the completion Reg status setting on the Form is set to (Do not change):
- Navigate to Plan > Form > Setup.
- Scroll down to Reg status under Setup Information.
- From the dropdown under Upon completion of this form, set status to, select (Do not change).
If the Form completion status is set to Do not change, the system will automatically create a Waitlist Hold Status, shown under the All Registrations By Status section on the Event Dashboard.
If an Attendee cancels their Registration, is the first Waitlisted Attendee automatically added to the Registered list?
No, the Certain Platform will not automatically assign a Waitlisted Attendee as Registered once a slot becomes available. Instead, we allow you, as the Event Builder, to choose which Registration should take that slot.
To assign a Waitlisted Attendee as Registered:
- On the Event Dashboard, click on the number next to Waitlist Hold in the Complete column under the All Registrations By Status section.
- In the Report Results window, click on the Name of the Attendee you would like to mark as Registered. The browser behind the Report Results window will update to show the Attendee's Registration.
- Click the Profile tab on the left side menu.
- Scroll down to the Registration Information section.
- From the Status menu, select an accepted Status (i.e., New).
- Click Save.
How do I add verbiage to the Confirmation page so that the Attendee is notified that they are Waitlisted instead of Registered upon completing the Form?
You can make use of a Custom HTML (Plan > Select your Form > Custom HTML) to notify those in Waitlist Status that they are waitlisted.
- Navigate to Plan > Select your Form > Click Custom HTML on the left side menu.
- Click Add New.
- Enter the verbiage you would like to be displayed to Waitlisted Attendees in the Custom HTML Section.
- Under the Display Conditions section, select Display ONLY if these conditions are met:.
- Write a rule like this: IF (Reg Status = Waitlist Hold)
- Click Save.
- You will then need to place this HTML section just on top of the Confirm item in the Form Sequence. Click the Setup tab in the left side menu.
- Scroll down to the Page Layout section, and move the HTML section you just created just above the Confirm item in the Online Form Sequence.
- Click Save.