This article provides information about navigating the main event components within your Account, including the Event List and Event-specific tabs such as Plan, Promote, Manage, Engage, and Reports/Analyze.
The EVENTS link in the Primary Navigation Menu will take you to the Event List page, where you can find and access Events on your portal.
Working with the Event List
The Event List includes all Events that are accessible from your Account. The default view will display all current and upcoming Events.
Details about each Event are displayed along with the Event title/name. In order to manage, configure, or view an Event's settings, click on the Event row. You will be taken to the Manage > Registrations page for that Event.
Some of the basic information available on the Event List is shown below (you can replace columns by clicking on the vertical ellipses next to the column name):
Event Title – The name given to the Event, configured when creating the Event (under Plan > Event Setup > Details, within the Event).
Start Date – This is the first day that the Event will be occurring (first day on-site) and is configured under Plan > Event Setup > Details, within the Event.
Location – Where the Event will be held, configured under Plan > Event Setup > Details, within the Event.
Status – The status of the Event. Options include Live, Testing, Postponed, Cancelled, Closed, etc. This is set within the Event under Plan > Event Setup > Details.
Registrations – Shows a brief numeric overview of how many people have registered. "Complete" refers to those attendees who have registered and have completely progressed through the Registration Form all the way to the Confirmation page. More information about Registrations is available on the Event Dashboard that is displayed when you click an Event's name.
- Complete – Refers to those attendees who have registered and have completely progressed through the Registration Form all the way to the confirmation page.
Event List Views
By default, the Event List is filtered to show upcoming Events, meaning all Events with a start date in the future. You can change and add filters to narrow down the list further. Additional filters for fields like Event Owner, Timezone, Tags, and Standard and Custom Event Fields can be added by clicking on the More dropdown in the event search bar.
When you click on an Event from the Event List page, the following Event-specific tabs will be displayed next to the Event name at the top of the screen:
Each tab has a drop-down of section items.
- Configure: This is where you can edit the abilities and look of the Event.
- Options: Here, you can edit how data that comes through the Forms is treated and which features/modules you would like to include in your Event.
- Display: Here, you can edit or add Custom HTML and CSS that will be applied to the Event as a whole.
- Single Sign-On: Here, you can select the SSO setup you want to use for the Event (if available).
- Event Setup: All Event-specific information is entered here, including Event dates and location, Custom Questions, Agenda Items, etc. Be sure to set up all of your Event information and Event-specific Custom Questions here before configuring your attendee-facing Forms and Websites. You will also find the Content Display area here, which allows you to set up or add values to any Display Fields, Content Blocks, or Display Rules you have or want to have in the Event.
- Accommodation: ''Accommodation blocks" (any pre-booked room blocks for the Event) can be set up here. You can also define your room types and hotel(s), and match any roommate requests here.
- Promo Codes/Groups: If these modules are enabled, this will bring you to the area to create, modify, or delete any Promo Codes or Groups set up in the Event.
- Forms: This is the web interface you will use to collect information from your attendees. Your Event can house one or multiple Forms for attendees to register. Your Forms list will show a list of Forms created for the current Event with dates that the online registration opens and closes.
- Website: This is where you can (optionally) set up full attendee-facing informational Website(s) with static text about your Event.
- Communication: This is where you can set up email and printable templates/invoices and itineraries, which can be sent to your Event attendees.
Registrations: This tab serves as the planner’s "Dashboard" for an Event. There are three main at-a-glance summary Reports on this tab that the planner will use on a day-to-day basis.
- Badges and Barcodes: This is where you will set up badge layout, badge name, add badge fields, and create barcodes.
- Check-In: Here you can set up the Event to use the Certain Check-In App or the Certain Kiosk App.
Use this tab to create and view customized Reports on your Event Registrations.
Note: If you do not see any of the above options in your event, check the Plan > Configure > Options page to enable the associated module. If you do not see the option available, it may be that your product license does not include the feature. Check with Certain Support or your Customer Success Manager for more information.