Attendee Types are used to identify different types of participants within your Event (such as Attendee, Exhibitor, Speaker, Staff, etc.). You can create any number of Attendee Types for an event. A default Attendee Type of Attendee is included in any new Event. You can rename/edit/delete it as necessary.
Possible uses for Attendee Types
- Assigning fees to each Registrant - Each Attendee Type can be configured with up to five date-expiring fees (i.e., Early Bird, Regular, and On-site).
- Limiting the number of Registrants (for example, optional Capacity limits, and waitlisting).
- If you are using the Accommodation module, Attendee Types can be used to restrict the visibility of specific room types available to an Attendee.
- If you are using the Appointments module, Attendee Types are used to define who can have appointments with whom.
- If you are using the Registration Groups module, Attendee Types are used to define who can be a member of each group.
- If you are using the Registration Groups as Promo Codes module, Attendee Types are used to define who can use each promo code.
Setting up new Attendee Types
- Navigate to Plan > Event Setup > Attendee Types.
- Click the Add New button to create a new Attendee Type for your event.
- Enter a Name for the Attendee Type (e.g. Attendee, Member, Exhibitor).
- (Optional) Enter a Code for the Attendee Type that you will recognize in reports later. (If you do not enter a value here, whatever you have entered into the Name field will populate this field when you click Save.)
- (Optional) Enter a Display for Reg Form name for the Attendee Type, which will appear on the Registration Form. (If you do not enter a value here, whatever you have entered into the Name field will populate this field when you click Save.)
- (Optional) Create a Passcode which can be used to restrict access (or auto-assign) to that Attendee Type on the registration form. (If entering a passcode, then your form must begin with the Entry page.)
- (Optional) If you need to set a limit on how many people can sign up in this Attendee Type, enter the limit in the Capacity field.
- (Optional) Default Status is the Registration Status that a Registration will start in when created in this Attendee Type. The Default Status is “New” but you may select a different Default Status from the dropdown menu if needed.
- (Optional) Attendee Type Group may be used to group similar Attendee Types on reports.
- (Optional) Confirmation Text will be added to the general content of the event confirmations. Only Registrations that are assigned to the Attendee Type will see this text.
- Click Save to add the Attendee Type, or click Save & New if you wish to add an additional Attendee Type.