If you are running a large Event, and you expect heavy registration to start happening as soon as the Form is made live, some of your Registrants may receive the error, "Please wait; the page will be automatically resubmitted." This is because the max number of Concurrent Registrations has been met with your Form.
When a Registration starts going through the Form, the system sets aside memory to track and hold their information. The amount of time this information is held in system memory is based on the value entered in Plan > Configure > Options > Global Settings > "Incomplete registrations count against Capacity/Inventory for ___ minutes after their last modification."
The number of "Concurrent Registrations" that the system can hold in its memory at one time is 500 per Form, per server, in your POD. This total number can vary, depending on the time of day or other factors.
When the max number of Concurrent Registrations is met on a Form, subsequent Registrations will receive a notice of "Please wait; the page will be automatically resubmitted." The system will then re-submit the request every 15 seconds until space opens up for them to register.
Troubleshooting & Tips
Please review the following for information on how to avoid this from happening for your event and troubleshooting ways to alleviate it if it does:
- If you anticipate that your event will have a large rush of Registrations as soon as the Form goes live, please alert Certain Support at least 3 business days ahead of time. We will notify our DevOps team so they can monitor the system and ensure it has the resources necessary to accommodate the increased number of Registrations for your Event.
- Change the value for Inventory Timeout on Incomplete Registrations:
- Navigate to Plan > Configure > Options > Global Settings.
- Set a low value (5 or 10 minutes) for "Incomplete registrations count against Capacity/Inventory for ___ minutes after their last modification"
- By default, the system sets this at 5 minutes. If you need to increase this, try to keep it as low as possible. The smaller this value is, the faster Registration slots will become available.
- If you still encounter this error on your Forms, please contact Certain Support so that we can assist in troubleshooting.
Please sign in to leave a comment.