If you are creating a new Event and plan on adding Registrations to it ahead of time, and those Registrations already have existing Profiles in your Account, there are two ways you can add them to the Event as Registrations.
Import a list of Registrations that includes a key field column so that a Registration linked to that existing Profile is created. The key field can either be a Profile Unique ID, External Profile ID, or Username.
- Create a tab delimited text file.
- If you only need to import existing profiles, the file can be a single column that holds your Key Field (Profile Unique ID, External Profile ID, or Username).
- In your Event, navigate to Manage > Registrations.
- Click on Import in the upper right corner.
- Select Import/Update Registrations from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the Import Wizard steps.
- Upload File > Next.
- Select the uploaded file from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Preview 1st Row.
- Select and map the proper Fields to Import with the Columns In Data File.
- Continue through the rest of the Import Wizard, confirming the Attendee Type and Status to assign to the imported registrations.
Note: If more than one key field is included in the import, the whole import will only use the one that is the highest priority of the fields available. The order of priority for key fields is: 1) Profile Unique ID, 2) External Profile ID, 3) Username.
Inviting Existing Profiles
Generate a report in the Account's Profile area, and select who should be added to the Event as a Registration.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the upper left corner, and select Profiles.
- Click on Reports, then select Create Report.
- Add filters to the Report so that it contains the Profiles you want in your new Event.
- Example: If you want to invite all of the previous Registrations from an old Event called "Event123" then you would add a filter of "Event Code = Event123."
- Run the Report.
- Select the Profiles for which you would like to create Registrations in your Event.
- Change Rows/Page to display all results if you would like to select all Profiles in the Report.
- Under Actions, select Invite/Register.
- Go through the Import Wizard.
- Select the new Event.
- Designate the Registrations as Incomplete or Complete.
- Set the Profiles' Attendee Type and Reg Status.
Please sign in to leave a comment.