When you want to create and apply a percentage based discount to a registration, there are 2 main methods you can choose from:
- Use a Promo Code that the registrant enters, and the discount is then applied to their registration.
Additional info on Promo Codes can be found in the Promo Codes Quickguide
- Apply the discount to registrations based on a logic rule in the form. The logic rule can be conditional based on attendee type, questions answered, organization, or other fields.
Applying to other Fees
Once you decide how you are going to apply the discount, you need to then decide what fees that discount will apply to. To do this you would need to edit each item and set it to apply % based Discounts:
- Navigate to Manage > Speakers And Sessions > Sessions
- Edit the Sessions with fees
- Scroll down to Session Fees and add a checkmark on Apply %Discount.
For Attendee Types (set by default)
- Navigate to Plan > Event Setup > Attendee Types
- Edit the Attendee Types with fees
- Scroll down to Registration Fees and make sure "Discount Rules" is set to Apply Discounts
For Agenda Items (set by default)
- Navigate to Plan > Event Setup > Agenda
- Edit an Agenda Item with fees
- Scroll down to Fee Structure and make sure "Discount Rules" is set to Apply % Discount
Please sign in to leave a comment.