Certain provides the ability to share reports to people who are not provisioned users in Certain. An example might be needing to send a report to the VP of sales with a break out of how many customers registered versus how many prospects registered for an upcoming user conference. Report tokenization enables the creation of a unique link to a version of the report with the ability to make access read-only or allow running of selected mass actions.
Report Tokenization Options
You can make their access read-only or allow them to run selected mass actions based on the access level within that report.
- Enable View Only – If this option is selected, someone with the tokenized URL can run the report in view-only mode.
- Enable Mass-Action(s) – If this option is selected, someone with the tokenized URL can run the report in view-only mode and run the mass actions selected here.
- Do Not Enable – If this option is selected, no tokenized URL is created.
If you select either of the first two options, this checkbox is added:
Enable report exports – If this checkbox is selected (as it is by default), someone running the tokenized report can export the results.
Clear the checkbox to add a layer of security, disabling export
Tokenizing a Report
- Create your report and save (all report types allow you to generate a tokenized URL).
- Navigate to Report > Set up and determine the Access - let's enable view only for this example.
- Set the expiration on how long you want this to be available as view only and after this date the tokenized URL will no longer work. If you want it to be available throughout and after the event set it to that date as an example.
- Save your report and you will get a message to say it was successfully generated.
- Under that same Report > Set up you will see the report Tokenization screen has updated to display a Tokenized Report URL
- You have the option to then select the URL and copy it to the clipboard. Hover over the URL icon and it will highlight that option. Once copied to your clipboard it can be pasted into an email or whatever form of communication you will need on this report to provide that person direct access to the report.