This article will describe how to set up and configure an invoice template within Certain.
Invoices may be used to deliver detailed fee, tax (if applicable) and payment information to registrants within an event. Templates may be set up at the Event or Account level and are exported as PDF documents.
Invoices may be generated by the planner for multiple attendees or an individual attendee. They may also be requested by a registrant on the payment page of the registration form, which will result in the PDF invoice being emailed to the registrant as an attachment with the form confirmation.
Where to Configure Invoice Templates
- Navigate to Event > Promote > Communication > Invoices page.
- Click Add New.
Invoice templates can also be setup at the account level and accessed by all events within an account.
- To setup account level templates, go to Account Settings (upper right) > Registration > Account Invoices page.
- NOTE: User must be an administrator.
Enter a template Name and (optional) Description.
The invoice is broken out into three sections which can be formatted using the HTML editors. Images (logos, etc.) can be uploaded and added using the editor tool as well.
Data-driven fields (DDF's), or registrant-specific information, can be appended to each of the four sections using the Append drop-down menu and append-to-section buttons located above the Invoice Header section.
- Invoice Header – Appears at the top of every page of the printed document. Generally used to display a logo.
- Bill To Section – Formatted text that appears above the Invoice Summer. This section contains a default set of labels and data fields to get you started.
- Footer – Similar to the Header section, the Footer appears at the bottom of every page of the printed document.
Invoice Column and Summary Headers
Use these text-entry fields to customize the column headers shown in each section of the invoice.
NOTE: If you delete the text from a section header text field, then the corresponding column will not be included on the invoice.
Generating Batches of Invoices for Multiple Attendees
- Run a report that includes the registrants you want to print invoices for and select the appropriate registrants.
- Be sure to sort the registrants in the order you would like them to be printed prior to generating invoices.
- NOTE: You may generate a maximum of 150 invoices at one time.
- Select the mass action drop-down and the appropriate template under Print Invoices – Event Templates or Print Invoices – Account Templates.
- Navigate to the Promote > Communication > Invoices to download the document containing printable invoices. All previously generated documents (or batches of documents) will be accessible via the drop-down menu next to the template.
Generating an Invoice for a Single Attendee
- Edit a registration and go to their Financials page.
- Scroll down to Invoices and click on Generate New Invoice.
- Select the invoice you want from the drop-down.
- Click Submit.
- View or download the generated invoice on that same page under Invoices.
Setting Up Automatic Invoices With Confirmation
On the Forms > Payment page, an automatically generated invoice can be set up to send to a registrant (upon request) as an attachment with their emailed confirmation.
To configure this option, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Forms > Payment page.
- Check the Autogenerate and Send Invoice option.