This article will provide information on the integration settings that are needed to use a Stripe account as your payment processor in your event.
Stripe Email on "Unsafe Processing"
If you are processing payments in your event using a new Stripe account as your payment processor, you may receive the following:
- Error on processing the payment:
- Sending credit card numbers directly to the Stripe API is generally unsafe. To continue processing, use Stripe.js, the Stripe mobile bindings, or Stripe Elements. For more information, see https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/integration/settings.
- Email from Stripe:
The above error and email are unique to Stripe. They indicate that your Stripe account is not set up properly to run transactions through an integration with the Certain Platform.
Editing Your Stripe Settings
- Log into your Stripe account.
- Go to https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/integration/settings.
- Click on Show Advanced Options > Integration.
- Enable "Process payments unsafely".
Once this is set up on your Stripe account, you should no longer receive this error message when processing payments in events in Certain Platform.
The payment information is still encrypted within Certain Platform, and the process itself is safe. What Stripe is referring to with the term "Process payments unsafely" is that the credit card information is stored somewhere outside of Stripe (in Certain Platform).
The credit card information is kept in Certain Platform for either 90 days after the transaction, or 90 days from the end date of the event, whichever is longer. The credit card information is stored in Certain Platform, and Certain meets all PCI compliance requirements and is fully certified. Since you do not hold or store any of the payment/credit card information, you do not need to have a PCI Compliance Certification.
Please sign in to leave a comment.