When it may be necessary to issue a Partial Refund
- An Attendee has registered for the Event. They will not be bringing a guest for dinner, but they already paid for the dinner. Can I refund them $22 for the dinner only?
- An Attendee already paid $250 online with a credit card, but they should have only been charged for $200. How can I process a Partial Refund of $50 back to their credit card?
Processing a Partial Refund
- Navigate to the Registration to which you need to apply the refund (Manage > Registrations).
- Navigate to the Financials page on the left.
- If the Registration does not have a negative balance that will cover the refund amount, click on Adjustment.
- Fill out the required fields
- Transaction Description: description of the adjustment being applied
- Amount: desired amount to refund (e.g., -10)
- Select Debit.
- Click Submit (the Balance will show a negative balance).
- Click Refund to process the refund.
- Select Credit Card as the Payment Type.
- Scroll down under Credit Cards on File, and select the Credit Card on File.
- Make sure Process Payment Online is checked.
- Click Submit.