This article will discuss some common error messages and issues you may encounter with Cybersource payments.
Although there are a large number of error messages that you can receive, here is some general information and tips on a few of the errors and issues you may encounter with Cybersource payments.
- "Error processing payment through Cybersource: Element STRXMLRESULT.RESPONSE is undefined in LOCAL.-"
- This is a system error, and not from Cybersource. It indicates that there is an issue with the credit card number. It may indicate that there are non-numeric values included in the credit card Number, and that it cannot be properly processed.
- If this error is received, the only way to resolve it is to enter in new credit card information without the dashes, either via the admin side or by going back through the form. This may be caused by the registrant somehow being able to enter in non-numeric values into the credit card fields, or from a bug. If you encounter this error, please attempt to add a new payment and reenter the credit card number, then reach out to Certain Support to review.
- "There was a security error; please verify your processor account settings. - Security Data : UsernameToken authentication failed."
- This is an error from Cybersource. This error indicates that there is an issue with the eCommerce account set on the event.
- Cybersource requires two separate transaction tokens - one "for "Live" transactions and one for "Test" transactions. This error indicates that the token you are using is incorrect. You may have an expired or invalid token saved in the E-Commerce account, or you may be using the "Live" token for "Test" transactions.
- General "declined" errors - Some fields required to process this payment are missing.
- Cybersource requires full address information to be sent along with the transaction. Check the registration, and ensure that it includes full address information (address field, city, state, postal code).
- "XML Parse" Error.
- This is a system error. It indicates that something in the information being sent to Cybersource is causing an error when attempting to send.
- If you receive this error, you should check the registration's information and look for special characters in the name, address, or billing address fields. Look for characters like &, %, or $. If you find these characters, please remove them and attempt to process the payment again. If you still encounter this same error after removing special characters, please reach out to Certain Support with the relevant information to review.
If Payments are Being Declined When They Should not Be
- Note the Elapsed Time on the Payment.
- Navigate to Manage > Registrations > Find > Select the registration with a declined payment > Financials > Payments.
- Click the pencil icon next to the Payment record to edit.
- Look at Payment record Elapsed Time field.
- If it is 0 or blank, this means that the payment could not be sent to Cybersource.
- Check the registration and payment information to ensure it is all filled in and correct.