If you set an Event Registration Capacity, you can have Registrants automatically waitlisted for the Event when it is full. If spaces become available, waitlisted Registrants will then be registered automatically.
How to Setup Event Waitlist Option
- Add the Registration Capacity on the Event Detail page (Plan > Event Setup > Details). Once the Registration Capacity entered in this field is reached, all other Registrants will be waitlisted.
- Enable Automatic Event Waitlisting under Plan > Configure > Options.
- Waitlist Status: Select a Registration Status to be applied to a Registrant who joins the Event Waitlist (default Registration Status is Waitlist Hold).
- Update Reg Status: Select a Registration Status to be applied once someone cancels their Registration or the Registration Capacity is increased. The Registration Status will be changed from Waitlist Hold (or your custom Waitlist Status) to the selected Registration Status automatically.
- Send Email (optional): Select the Email Template to confirm the registration. Note: You may have setup an automated Email based on Registration Status. If so, you do not need to select any Email from the list. Once the Registration Status is changed to Registered, the Email will be sent automatically. Otherwise, it is highly recommended you select an Email Template so that the Accepted Registrant will know that their Registration has been approved.
- Navigate to Plan > Forms > Select your Form > Event Waitlist, and edit the text as you prefer.
- Navigate to Plan > Forms > Select your Form > Setup, and select Allow form to remain open when event Registration Capacity is reached.
- Add an Event Waitlist section to the Online Form Sequence, and click Save.
Waitlisted Registrants will then see the Event Waitlist message and a checkbox to confirm adding themselves to the Waitlist.
When a Registration is added to the Waitlist, their Registration is stored in the Event Waitlist Queue. You can see the queued Registrations below the Event Waitlist options under Plan > Configure > Options.
- Date processed: When the registration was processed
- Queue order: 1 = first to join the queue
- Is processed?: Yes or No
- Source: Automatic or Manual (if processed)
The queue is processed on a first-come, first-served basis. If you want to move someone in the queue to Registered, you can manually change their Registration Status.
- Fee-based events: Waitlisted Registrants will still accrue charges for any fees associated with their Registration. If they enter a credit card number on the form, then the card information will be securely stored but not processed upon submission. If space becomes available, and the Registrant is accepted into the event, then either the Registrant needs to log back into their Registration to process their payment or a Planner needs to process the payment manually.
- Clearing the Registration Capacity: If a Planner clears the Registration Capacity field, then every Waitlisted Registration would become Registered.