Certain enables you to add sessions manually or via import in bulk whether using Standard or Conference Layouts for sessions. When using Conference Layout, keep in mind you will have to do 2 imports - one to create the session and define the number of instances, and another to schedule the instances.
- Remember you can customize your Session Layout.
- If you create Custom Fields or want to add more Standard Session Fields, remember to add them to your Session Layout in order to use those fields in session imports.
- Create a .CSV or.xls/.xlsx file for your import.
- If your import includes international or special characters, best practice is to use a .CSV file.
- The import file must include the required fields: Session Name, Session Code, and Type.
How to Add Sessions One by One
- Click Add New (at the end of the "Session List" heading)
- To edit an existing session, click the icon under Actions in the Session List panel to open an Add Session or Edit Session pop-up window
How to Import Sessions
- Click the Import button on the main Sessions page (Manage > Speakers and Sessions > Sessions)
- In the first step of the wizard you can click a link to download a template file to populate.
- If you are updating existing Sessions, you can choose to download a list of all Sessions to edit, save, and upload.
- Include Session Custom Fields as their own columns; Use the Custom Field Code as the column header.
- For questions with pre-set options (i.e., answers), use the option Code as the value in the spreadsheet.
- To assign more than one pre-set option value to a custom field where the Custom Field Type allows it (such as a Checkbox List or Multiple Select List), separate the values using the | "pipe" character. Example: "Marketing Automation|Social Media|Big Data".
- Once you have a file ready to import, click Next in the first step.
- Drop a file into step 2, or click Choose File and select the file to upload.
- In the Session Import step, map the columns in your import file to the Session Field in Certain.
- Click Complete Import to start or schedule the import process.
- You will receive an email advising that the import is complete, and details of any rows that failed to import (for example, because they didn't match the validation rules mentioned above).