Related Links on Sessions can be synced from Platform to Touchpoint by using the following tag on a conference custom field in Platform:
Touchpoint: Related Link
Create the "Touchpoint: Related Link" tag on Platform account
- Under Account Settings, create a new Tag by clicking on Tags, then entering the below information within the Add Tag section:
Name - Touchpoint: Related Link
Label - Touchpoint: Related Link
Object(s) - Conference Custom Fields
- Click "Add" to add this tag to your account. You should then see the tag appear in the Tags List section.
Add the "Touchpoint: Related Link" tag to a Conference Custom Field
- Within your event, under Manage > Sessions > Setup > Custom Fields, either Edit an existing Custom Field or click Add Custom Field to create a new Custom Field.
- In the Custom Field Details window, click in the Tags field, and select the "Touchpoint: Related Link" tag.
- Click Save to add the Tag to this Custom Field.
Platform > Touchpoint Related Link mapping
Once the "Touchpoint: Related Link" tag is added to a Custom Field on a session, the integration server will recognize the FIRST link it finds in the tagged Custom Field. The Title of the link in Platform will sync over to Touchpoint as the title of Related Link on the session, and the URL of the link in Platform will sync over to Touchpoint as the URL of the Related Link.
Items to Note
- Because the integration server will only recognize the FIRST link it finds in a tagged Custom Field, if you are adding MULTIPLE Related Links to a Session, you should be sure to include each Related Link in a separate Custom Field - one Custom Field per Related Link.
- If the "Touchpoint: Related Link" tag is added to the Custom Field AFTER the Platform > Touchpoint integration is activated, you will need to perform a mass action on any sessions that have Related Links on them in order to have those changes recognized by the integration server and synced over to Touchpoint.
Please sign in to leave a comment.